Welcome to Methane International: the Global Methane Initiative Blog! Methane International will be the primary resource for readers interested in timely and topical information including the activities of the Administrative Support Group (ASG), GMI subcommittees, Partner Countries, and Project Network members related to methane mitigation.
Check back regularly for new posts, including:
- Program news and events, such as workshop and training announcements and summaries, subcommittee meetings, newly published program materials, and ASG announcements
- Case studies and best practices describing exciting developments in methane mitigation projects and useful lessons learned
- Funding opportunities to advance project development
- Industry news and publications from across the globe
Upcoming on Methane International over the next few weeks:
- Summary and outcomes of the coal subcommittee meeting & technical workshop in Bogota, Colombia, held in early June
- News about the Global Methane Forum, being held in Washington, D.C. in March 2016
- Developments in the re-chartering of the Global Methane Initiative
- More about the first World Bank pilot auction for methane and climate change mitigation
Have an idea for a post? Submit it to the ASG with the MI Article Submission form!